How will we make a difference?
- We will work with neighbourhoods across our City to understand what is really good about an area, and where things could be improved.
- We will ask communities how services could be different and more accessible.
- We’ll then look to shape our services around the feedback from each neighbourhood. For example, if there is a really good community centre that people use often, we will bring our services there.
- We will work together across health and care organisations so that people don’t need to go to lots of different places to get help.
- Importantly, we want to put people in control of creating their own solutions.
- Building on the great things that are happening in an area, we will be able to create connections, provide signposting and facilitate joined-up and locally accessible services that better support both the neighbourhood and the neighbours living within it.
When will things happen?
- During 2021 we’ll be working in communities to understand what will make a real difference to individual neighbourhoods.
- We’ll then develop a proposed delivery plan, which we’ll first sense check with local communities.
- Once the plan is agreed, we’ll start to shift and align services and resources, to better support, enable and empower Newcastle Neighbourhoods as we work together to improve health, wealth and wellbeing.